Post Doc Research Fellow
Pillar / Cluster: Information Systems Technology and Design
Victor Pomponiu is a postdoctoral research fellow at Singapore University of Technology and Design, established in collaboration with MIT, under the supervision of Prof. Ngai-Man Cheung. He obtained his PhD from the Computer Science Department, Università degli Studi di Torino, Italy in 2012, and BSc(MSc) in Computer Science from the Polytechnic University of Bucharest in 2007 and 2009. His areas of research include multimedia security and medical image analysis, in particular image-based diagnosis of breast and skin cancer, and wound assessment research which is conducted in collaboration with Stanford University Medical Center and National Skin Center (NSC) of Singapore.
- Image processing: Medical image analysis, multimedia security, signal processing, brain signaling.
- Machine Learning: Clustering, deep learning, subspace learning, domain adaptation, transfer knowledge.
- Ph.D., Università degli Studi di Torino, Italy, 2012
- M.Sc., University Polytechnic of Bucharest, Romania, 2009
- B.Sc., University Polytechnic of Bucharest, Romania, 2007
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, SUTD, 2014 – onward
Project: Mobile Imaging Systems for assisted leaving, in particular for skin cancer diagnosis and chronic wound assessment/monitoring
Advisor: Prof. Ngai-Man (Man) Cheung
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Imaging Research Center, Department of Radiology, University of Pittsburgh, 2012-2014
Project: Development of medical image analysis algorithms for breast and lung CT images
Advisors: Prof. Jiantao Pu and Prof. Bin Zheng
- Research intern at National Institute of Informatics, Tokyo, Japan, 2011-2012
Project: clustering and outliers detection for large data sets in a distributed environment
Advisor: Prof. Michael E. Houle
- H. Nejati, V. Pomponiu, D.T. Toan, Y. Zhou, N.-M. Cheung, Smartphone and mobile image processing for assisted living, IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, 2015.
- M. Botta, D. Cavagnino, and V. Pomponiu, A Modular Framework for Color Image Watermarking, Signal Processing, 2015.
- M. Botta, D. Cavagnino, and V. Pomponiu, A revised version of Protecting the Content Integrity of Digital Imagery with Fidelity Preservation. ACM Transactions on Multimedia Computing, Communications and Applications, 04/2014; 10(3). DOI:10.1145/2568224.
- M. Botta, D. Cavagnino, and V. Pomponiu, Fragile Watermarking using Karhunen-Loève transform: the KLT-F approach. Soft Computing, 2014.
- M. Botta, D. Cavagnino, and V. Pomponiu, A successful attack and revision of a chaotic system based fragile watermarking scheme for image tamper detection. International Journal of Electronics and Communications, 2014.
- V. Pomponiu, and D. Cavagnino, Security Analysis of SVD-based Watermarking Techniques. International Journal of Multimedia Intelligence and Security, 2 (2), 120-145, 2011.
- A. Basso, D. Cavagnino, V. Pomponiu, and A. Vernone, Blind Watermarking of Color Images Using Karhunen-Loève Transform Keying, The Computer Journal 54 (7), 1076-1090, 2010.
- V. Pomponiu et al., Designing a Mobile Imaging System for Early Melanoma Detection, 73th Annual meeting of American Academy of Dermatology, 2015, San Francisco, US.
- V. Pomponiu, D. Cavagnino, and M. Botta, SS-SVD: Spread Spectrum Data Hiding Scheme based on Singular Value Decomposition. 19th IEEE International Symposium on Consumer Electronics ISCE 2015, Madrid, Spain.
- V. Pomponiu, D. Cavagnino and M. Botta, On the Security of the Schur-based Watermarking Schemes, IEEE International Conference on Digital Signal Processing, Singapore, 2015.
- V. Pomponiu, H. Nejati, and N.-M. Cheung, Texture Analysis of Skin Mole Lesions using Discriminative LBP, 24th Congress of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, Copenhagen, Denmark, 2015.
- H. Nejati, K. Tsourides, V. Pomponiu, E. C. Ehrenberg, N.-M. Cheung and P. Sinha, Towards Perception Awareness: Perceptual Event Detection for Brain Computer Interfaces. IEEE EMBC 2015.
- V. Pomponiu, H. Hariharan, B. Zheng, and D. Gur, Improving Breast Mass Detection using Histogram of Oriented Gradients. SPIE Medical Imagining, 2014.
- H. Hariharan, V. Pomponiu, B. Zheng, B. Whiting and D. Gur, Fusion of digital breast tomosynthesis images via wavelet synthesis for improved lesion conspicuity. SPIE Medical Imagining, 2014.
- M. Botta, D. Cavagnino, and V. Pomponiu, Automatic Selection of GA Parameters for Fragile Watermarking. EvoIASP (Evolutionary Computation in Image Analysis, Signal Processing and Pattern Recognition), Granda, Spain, 2014.
- “Best mobile app. desing”, MIT Hacking Medicine@SG 2015, July 24- July 26, 2015
- Travel Grant for the 24th Congress of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, Copenhagen, Denmark, 2015
- Grant to attend Bertinoro International Summer School (BiSS), March, 2009
- Third place at the International Workshop of Applied Physic, Bucharest, Romania, February, 2009
- European grant (WWS Project) for training in modern information and networks security, within the Security Network Group (SECNET) at Università degli Studi di Torino, January 2008 – December 2008
- European grant (Leonardo da Vinci) for preparing the graduation thesis, April, 2007 – July, 2007