- Either a relevant bachelor’s degree, or equivalent qualifications in computing or related discipline, or a master’s degree in computing or related discipline. For non-English documents, an official English translation must be provided at your expense. Please provide your latest official transcripts and official letter of certification from your institution stating the expected date of graduation or award of degree if you have not graduated from your degree programme.
- IELTS or TOEFL: If the medium of instruction during your undergraduate studies was not in English, please submit your IELTS or TOEFL scores no later than 2 weeks after the application deadline.
- GRE: not required for PhD at ISTD, but recommended. Please note that the SUTD DI code is 7398.
- In addition, a Statement of Objectives will be required, together with Names and E-mail Addresses of 3 Recommenders
For qualified students, SUTD offers the President’s Graduate Fellowship. This bond-free Fellowship (up to 4 years) is open to all nationalities, and is awarded on a competitive basis to outstanding full-time PhD Programme applicants (eg. those with a Bachelor’s Degree 1st Class Honours or equivalent). Qualified students are considered for this scholarship automatically when they apply for a PhD position at SUTD. The President’s Graduate Fellowship provides:
- Full tuition fees
- Monthly stipend of S$3,000 for each awarded scholar and up to 10% additional stipend for Singapore Citizens & Permanent Residents
- Annual conference funding support
- Opportunities for overseas research attachments and/or industry internships
More information on the scholarships can be found here.
There are two yearly intakes, in September and January – http://sutd.edu.sg/Admissions/Graduate/PhD-Programmes/SUTD-PhD-Programme/Application