Pillar / Cluster: Information Systems Technology and Design
Penny Chong is currently a PhD student in Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD), under the supervision of Assistant Professor Alexander Binder. She received her Bachelor of Science (Hons) Applied Mathematics with Computing from Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR), Malaysia in 2016. Her research interests include applications of machine learning in areas such as cyber security and image processing.
- 2017 – Present: Ph.D. in Information Systems Technology and Design, Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD)
- 2013 – 2016: B.Sc (Hons) Applied Mathematics with Computing, Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR), Malaysia
Awards & Achievements
- SUTD President’s Graduate Fellowship (2017 – present)
- UTAR Book Prize winner (2016)
- UTAR President’s List (May 2013, Oct 2013, Oct 2014, Jan 2016)
- UTAR Dean’s List (Jan 2014, May 2014, Jan 2015)
- Chong, P., & Tay, Y. (2016). A novel pedestrian detection and tracking with boosted HOG classifiers and Kalman filter. 2016 IEEE Student Conference on Research and Development (SCOReD). Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia: IEEE.
- Sun, J., Chong, P., Tan, Y., & Binder, A. (2017). ImageCLEF 2017: ImageCLEF Tuberculosis Task – the SGEast Submission. Conference and Labs of the Evaluation Forum: CLEF 2017. Dublin, Ireland.