Pillar / Cluster: Information Systems Technology and Design
Ngo Van Mao is currently a PhD student at Singapore University of Technology and Design. He received the B.E and M.E. degrees in telecommunications and electronic engineering from Kiev Polytechnic Institute and Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology, respectively.
His research interests are wireless sensor networks, networking, IoT and big data processing.
- Sep 2016 – present: PhD in Information Systems Technology and Design, Singapore University of Technology and Design, Singapore
- Sep 2012 – April 2015: M.E., Electronic Engineering, Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology (HCMUT), Vietnam
- Sep 2006 – June 2011: B.E., Telecommunications Engineering, First Class Honor, Kiev Polytechnic Institute (KPI), Ukraine
- Jul 2015 – Aug 2016: Research Assistant, Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD)
- Oct 2011 – Jun 2015: Research and Development Engineer, DEK Technologies
Awards & Achievements
- PhD Scholarship, Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA), SUTD (2016-present)
- Diploma and Certificate of Merit, Vietnam Embassy in Ukraine (2010, 2011)
- Diploma of the third Prize in All-Ukraine National Olympiad Mathematics (2010)
- Diploma of the first Prize in University Olympiad Mathematics, KPI (2010)
- Diploma of the second prize in the Olympiad on the Theory of Electronic Circuits, KPI (2009)
- Diploma of the second Prize in All-Ukraine National Olympiad Mathematics (2009)
- Diploma of the third Prize in University Olympiad Mathematics, KPI (2009)
- Full scholarship Bachelor studying abroad in Ukraine, Ministry of Education of Vietnam (2006-2011)
- Valedictorian absolutely (30/30) of the National University Entrance Examination, HCMUT (2005)
- V. M. Ngo, and Q. S. Vo, “Applying Queuing Theory to Evaluate Performance of Cluster Wireless Sensor Networks,” The International Conference on Advanced Technologies for Communications – IEEE ATC, pp. 501-506, Oct. 2015.