Pillar / Cluster: Information Systems Technology and Design
Research Areas:: Artificial and Augmented Intelligence, Visual Computing, Data Science
Si Yong Yeo received the Ph.D. in Computational Engineering from Swansea University, UK.
Dr Yeo was a research scientist at ASTAR IHPC, and his research at the institute includes biomedical data analytics, image processing and structural modelling.
He was a postdoctoral researcher at Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems, where AI was used in the analysis of imaging data and shape modelling.
Some of the research consists of biomedical image analysis, robotics, computer vision, engineering structure modelling and data analytics.
- S. Y. Yeo, J. Romero, M. Loper J. Machann, M. Black, Shape estimation of subcutaneous adipose tissue using an articulated statistical shape model, Computer Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering: Imaging & Visualization, 6(1), 2018.
- X. Yang, H. Li, L. Wang, S. Y. Yeo, Y. Su, Z. Zeng, Skin Lesion Analysis By Multi-Target Deep Neural Networks, International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, 2018.
- S. Y. Yeo, X. Xie, I. Sazonov, P. Nithiarasu, Segmentation of biomedical images using active contour model with robust image feature and shape prior, International Journal for Numerical Methods in Biomedical Engineering, 30(2): 232–248, 2014.
- S. Y. Yeo, X. Xie, I. Sazonov, P. Nithiarasu, Geometrically Induced Force Interaction for Three-Dimensional Deformable Models. IEEE Trans. Image Processing, 20(5), 1373-1387, 2011.
- I. Sazonov, S. Y. Yeo, R. Bevan, X. Xie, R. van Loon, P. Nithiarasu, Modelling pipeline for subject‐specific arterial blood flow—A review, International Journal for Numerical Methods in Biomedical Engineering, 27(12), 1868-1910, 2011.
- L. Zhong, S. Y Su, S. Y. Yeo, R. S. Tan, D. N. Ghista, G. Kassab, Left ventricular regional wall curvedness and wall stress in patients with ischemic dilated cardiomyopathy, The American Journal of Physiology-Heart and Circulatory Physiology, 296(3):H573-84, 2009.
- S. Y. Yeo, L. Zhong, Y. Su, R. S. Tan, D. N. Ghista, A curvature-based approach for left ventricular shape analysis from cardiac magnetic resonance imaging. Med. Biol. Engineering and Computing, 47(3), 313-322, 2009.