Roy Ka-Wei Lee is an Assistant Professor at the Information Systems Technology and Design Pillar (ISTD), Singapore University of Technology and Design. He is a faculty of the transformative Design and Artificial Intelligence (DAI) programme. Previously, he was an Assistant Professor of Computer Science at the University of Saskatchewan, Adjunct Faculty at School of Information Systems, Singapore Management University, and Research Fellow at the Living Analytics Research Centre. His research journey began at the Singapore Management University, where he had obtained the full suite of qualifications; Bachelor, Masters, and Ph.D. Degree in Information Sytems, on fully-funded scholarships from the university. His research lies in the intersection of data mining, machine learning, social computing, and natural language processing. He is particularly interested in studying user behaviours in multiple social networks, maintaining cyber social safety, and building next-generation social recommender systems for online social platforms.
- PhD in Information Systems (Data Science and Engineering Track), Singapore Management University, 2018.
- Masters in Applied Information Systems, Singapore Management University, 2014.
- BSc. of Science in Information Systems Management, Singapore Management University, 2013.
- “DeepStyle: User Style Embedding for Authorship Attribution of Short Texts”, by Zhiqiang HU, Lei WANG, Roy Ka-Wei LEE, Ee-Peng LIM, and Bo DAI, Asia Pacific Web (APWeb) and Web-Age Information Management (WAIM) Joint International Conference on Web and Big Data (APWeb-WAIM’20).
- “Teacher-Student Networks with Multiple Decoders for Solving Math Word Problem”, by Jipeng ZHANG, Roy Ka-Wei LEE, Lei WANG, Wei QIN, Qiangru SUN, Jie SHAO, and
Ee-Peng LIM, 29th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence and the 17th Pacific Rim International Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI-PRICAI’20).
- “DeepHate: Hate Speech Detection via Multi-Faceted Text Representations”, by Rui CAO, Roy Ka-Wei LEE, and Tuan-Anh HOANG, 12th ACM Conference on Web Science (WEBSCI’20).
- “Graph-to-Tree Learning for Solving Math Word Problems”, by Jipeng ZHANG, Lei WANG, Roy Ka-Wei LEE, Yi BIN, Yan WANG, Jie SHAO, and Ee-Peng LIM, Annual Conference of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL’20).
- “Keen2Act: Activity Recommendation in Online Social Collaborative Platforms”, by Roy Ka-Wei LEE, Thong HOANG, Richard Jayadi OENTARYO, and David LO, 28th ACM Conference on User Modeling, Adaptation and Personalization (UMAP’20).
- “OCEAN: A Dual Learning Approach for Generalized Zero- Shot Sketch-Based Image Retrieval”, by Jiawen ZHU, Xing XU, Fumin SHEN, Roy Ka-Wei LEE, Zheng WANG, and Heng Tao SHEN, IEEE International Conference on Multimedia & Expo (ICME’20).
- “Retrofitting Embeddings for Unsupervised User Identity Linkage”, by Tao ZHOU, Ee-peng LIM, Roy Ka-Wei LEE, Feida ZHU, and Jiuxin CAO, 24th Pacific-Asia Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (PAKDD’20).
- “Discovering Hidden Topical Hubs and Authorities Across Multiple Online Social Networks”, by Roy Ka-Wei LEE, Tuan-Anh HOANG and Ee-Peng LIM, IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE).
- “AD-Link: An Adaptive Approach for User Identity Linkage”, by Xin MU, Wei XIE, Roy Ka-Wei LEE, Feida ZHU, and Ee-Peng LIM, IEEE International Conference on Big Knowledge (ICBK’19).
- “Topic Enhanced Word Embedding for Toxic Content Detection in Q&A Sites”, by Do Yeon KIM, Xiaohang LI, Sheng WANG, Yunying ZHUO, and Roy Ka-Wei LEE, 9th Workshop on Social Network Analysis in Applications (SNAA’19).
- “Linky: Visualizing User Profile Linkage Results For Multiple Online Social Networks”, by Roy Ka-Wei LEE, Ming Shan HEE, Philips Kokoh PRASETYO, and Ee-Peng LIM, IEEE International Conference on Data Mining (ICDM’18).
- “Unsupervised User Identity Linkage via Factoid Embedding”, by Wei XIE, Xin MU, Roy Ka-Wei LEE, Feida ZHU, and Ee-Peng LIM, IEEE International Conference on Data Mining (ICDM’18).
- “Wisdom in Sum of Parts: Multi-Platform Activity Prediction in Social Collaborative Sites”, by Roy Ka-Wei LEE and David LO, 10th ACM Conference on Web Science (WEBSCI’18).
- “Discovering Hidden Topical Hubs and Authorities in Online Social Networks”, by Roy Ka-Wei LEE, Tuan-Anh HOANG and Ee-Peng LIM, SIAM International Conference on Data Mining (SDM’18).
- “GitHub and Stack Overflow: Analyzing Developer Interests Across Multiple Social Collaborative Platforms”, by Roy Ka-Wei LEE and David LO, 9th International Conference on Social Informatics (SOCINFO’17).
- “On Analyzing User Topic-Specific Platform Preferences Across Multiple Social Media Sites”, by Roy Ka-Wei LEE, Tuan-Anh HOANG and Ee-Peng LIM, 26th International World Wide Web Conference (WWW’17).
- “Friendship Maintenance and Prediction in Multiple Social Networks”, by Roy Ka-Wei LEE and Ee-Peng LIM, 27th ACM Conference on Hypertext and Social Media (HT’16).
- “Measuring User Influence, Susceptibility and Cynicalness in Sentiment Diffusion”, by Roy Ka-Wei LEE and Ee-Peng LIM, 37th European Conference on Information Retrieval (ECIR’15).