I’m looking for postdocs interested in blockchain and security (see details here).
I’m looking for PhD students, interns, and research assistants! Please contact me if you are interested.
Pawel Szalachowski is an Assistant Professor at the Information Systems Technology and Design Pillar, SUTD. Prior to joining SUTD, he was a senior researcher at ETH Zurich, where he led the design and implementation of the SCION architecture. He received his PhD degree in Computer Science from Warsaw University of Technology in 2012.
I am interested in building and analyzing secure networked systems. In particular, I am interested in the following fields:
- network and systems security (Internet, SSL/TLS, PKI, SDN, IoT),
- FinTech security (blockchain, cryptocurrencies, smart contracts).
Education and Work Experience
- 2017 – present, Assistant Professor, SUTD
- 2013 – 2017, Senior Researcher, ETH Zurich
- 2010 – 2012, Research Assistant and PhD Student, Warsaw University of Technology
- ICDCS’16 Best Paper Award
(Pawel’s full list of publications is available here.)
- A.Perrig, P.Szalachowski, RM.Reischuk, L.Chuat, SCION: A Secure Internet Architecture, (book) , Springer-Verlag, 2017
- D.Barrera, L.Chuat, A.Perrig, RM.Reischuk, P.Szalachowski, An Internet Architecture for the 21st Century – The SCION Internet Architecture, Communications of the ACM (CACM), 2017
- S.Matsumoto, RM.Reischuk, P.Szalachowski, THJ.Kim, A.Perrig, Authentication Challenges in a Global Environment, ACM Transactions on Privacy and Security (TOPS), 2017
- P.Szalachowski, L.Chuat, T.Lee, A.Perrig, RITM: Revocation in the Middle, In Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS), 2016
- P.Szalachowski, L.Chuat, A.Perrig, PKI Safety Net (PKISN): Addressing the Too-Big-to-Be-Revoked Problem of the TLS Ecosystem, In Proceedings of IEEE European Symposium on Security and Privacy (EuroS&P), 2016
- C.Basescu, RM.Reischuk, P.Szalachowski, A.Perrig, Y.Zhang, HC.Hsiao, A.Kubota, J.Urakawa, SIBRA: Scalable Internet Bandwidth Reservation Architecture, In Proceedings of Symposium on Network and Distributed System Security (NDSS), 2016
- L.Chuat, P.Szalachowski, A.Perrig, B.Laurie, E.Messeri, Efficient Gossip Protocols for Verifying the Consistency of Certificate Logs, In Proceedings of IEEE Communications and Network Security (CNS), 2015
- D.Basin, C.Cremers, THJ.Kim, A.Perrig, R.Sasse, P.Szalachowski, ARPKI: Attack Resilient Public-key Infrastructure, In Proceedings of the ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security (CCS), 2014
- P.Szalachowski, S.Matsumoto, A.Perrig, PoliCert: Secure and Flexible TLS Certificate Management, In Proceedings of the ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security (CCS), 2014