Dr. Oliver Weeger received his doctorate from the Department of Mathematics of the Technical University of Kaiserslautern in 2015 and his diploma in Techno-Mathematics from the Technical University of Munich in 2011. Prior to joining the Information Systems Technology and Design pillar at the Singapore University of Technology and Design as an Assistant Professor in 2018, he had been a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the SUTD Digital Manufacturing and Design Centre from 2015 to 2018.
Dr. Weeger’s research expertise, contributions and interests lie broadly in the fields of computational engineering. In particular, his aim is to develop more efficient computational methods and implement algorithms that facilitate the integration of digital design, simulation, optimization and manufacturing processed, and thus enable engineers to develop of higher-quality products with improved functionality in shorter product design cycles. His research is centered around three core aspects of computational engineering:
- Computational methods for solving ordinary and partial differential equations in engineering, in particular structural and continuum mechanics, as well as isogeometric analysis.
- Design and optimization methods and their integration into seamless digital design, simulation, optimization and manufacturing frameworks.
- Engineering application of computational methods in advanced manufacturing technologies such as multi-material 3D printing of active and multi-functional artefacts, lattice structures and metamaterials, as well as 3D knitting of functional textiles.
- Dr.rer. nat. (PhD) in Mathematics, TU Kaiserslautern, Germany (2015)
- Diploma (MSc) in Techno-Mathematics, TU Munich, Germany (2011)
- Computational Engineering
- Modeling & Simulation
- Computer Graphics
- Z.Ding, O. Weeger, H. J. Qi, M. L. Dunn: 4D rods: 3D structures via programmable 1D composite rods. Materials & Design, 137, 256-265 (2018), DOI 10.1016/j.matdes.2017.10.004
- O. Weeger, S.-K. Yeung, M. L. Dunn: Isogeometric collocation methods for Cosserat rods and rod structures. Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 316, 100–122 (2017), DOI 10.1016/j.cma.2016.05.009
- O. Weeger, Y. S. B. Kang, S.-K. Yeung, M. L. Dunn: Optimal Design and Manufacture of Active Rod Structures with Spatially Variable Materials. 3D Printing and Additive Manufacturing, 3(4), 204–215 (2016), DOI 10.1089/3dp.2016.0039
- O. Weeger, U. Wever, B. Simeon: Nonlinear frequency response analysis of structural vibrations. Computational Mechanics, 54(6), 1477–1495 (2014), DOI 10.1007/s00466-014-1070
- O. Weeger, U. Wever, B. Simeon: Isogeometric analysis of nonlinear Euler-Bernoulli beam vibrations. Nonlinear Dynamics, 72(4), 813–835 (2013), DOI 10.1007/s11071-013-0755-5
For a full list of publications, please see here.