Pillar / Cluster: Information Systems Technology and Design
Research Areas:: Interactive Computing
Dr. Natalie Agus is a lecturer in the ISTD pillar at SUTD. She has a strong passion in teaching and has begun helping and teaching various undergraduate computing courses at Sophomore, Junior, and Senior levels since her PhD candidature. The subjects she currently teaches also include programming in Python, Java, C#, and C/C++. She is interested in searching new ideas to deliver academic materials in the most engaging way possible, and constantly updates her teaching methods accordingly. Apart from teaching, she is also currently involved in research projects involving room acoustics and music information retrieval. Her thesis focused on developing binaural room reverberation algorithms, which allow perceptually realistic audio rendering in real time. She obtained her Bachelor of engineering with specialization in robotics and completed her PhD in digital audio signal processing in SUTD right before joining the university as a lecturer. During her free time, she enjoys boxing, playing acoustic guitar, as well as piano.
- 2018 – Ph. D, Singapore University of Technology and Design (Digital Audio Signal Processing)
- 2015 – B.Eng Hons., Singapore University of Technology and Design (Information Systems Technology and Design, Robotics)
- Agus, N., Anderson, H., Chen, J.M., Lui, S., Herremans, D., ”Minimally Simple Bin- aural Room Modelling Using a Single Feedback Delay Network,” Journal of the Audio Engineering Society (July 2018). Manuscript accepted (with editor).
- Agus, N., Anderson, H., Chen, J.M., Lui, S., Herremans, D., ”Perceptual evaluation of measures of spectral variance,” Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, Vol 143(6), (Jun 2018)
- Anderson, H.*, Agus, N.*, Chen, J.M, Lui, S., ”Modeling the proportion of early and late energy in two-stage reverberators,” Journal of the Audio Engineering Society, Vol 65(12), 1071-1031, (Dec 2017) (* both authors contributed equally)
- Agus, N., Anderson, H., Chen, J.M., Lui, S., ”Energy-based binaural acoustic model- ing,” Singapore University of Technology and Design, Tech Report No. 1, (Apr 2017). [Link]