Telephone: +65 6499 4585
Office #: 1.402.02
Pillar / Cluster: Information Systems Technology and Design
Hyowon Lee has been a researcher in the field of interaction design for computing technology for the past 18 years. Having worked as a resident interaction designer and design consultancy in technology-focused research centres, Hyowon has a large portfolio in designing a variety of novel interactive systems and services to shape the way we will interact with technologies in the future. Because our future interaction with technologies will no longer only be with desktop PCs and mobiles, he has been pioneering various novel applications for up-coming, new interaction platforms such as tabletops, interactive TV, public display walls and other embedded appliances such as in-home displays, all of which will form our day-to-day interaction landscape in the near future. With the growing potential for exploiting technological advancements today, Hyowon’s exploration of streamlining and giving structure to the creative process of designing novel applications has a huge implication for industry and academia as well as for our everyday lives.
- PhD Computer Science, Dublin City University, Ireland.
- MSc Information and Library Studies, Robert Gordon University, U.K.
- BEng Computer Science, Soong Sil University, South Korea.
- Human-Computer Interaction (HCI)
- Interaction design, user-interface design, user experience design, usability
- Interaction design methodology
- Novel scenarios/applications inspired by emerging media technologies
- Future interaction platforms and their interactivity
- No. of peer-reviewed publications: 124
- No. of total citations: 1,440
- h-index: 23 (according to Google Scholar, July 2017)
- Towards Establishing Design Principles for Balancing Usability and Maintaining Cognitive Abilities. Balasubramanian G, Lee H, Poon KW, Lim WK and Yong WK. Book Chapter in: Design, User Experience and Usability: Theory, Methodology and Management. LNCS Vol. 10288, 2017.
- Design Exploration for the “Squeezable” Interaction. Lee H, Yoong A, Lui S, Vaniyar A and Balasubramanian G. 28th Australian Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (OzCHI 2016), Tasmania, Australia, 29 November – 2 December, 2016.
- Designing Interactive Applications to Support Novel Activities. Lee H, Mohamad Ali N and Hardman L. Advances in Human-Computer Interaction. Vol. 2013, ISSN: 1687-5893, 2013.
- Designing Novel Applications Inspired by Emerging Media Technologies. Lee H and Smeaton A.F. 25th BCS Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (HCI 2011), Newcastle Upon Tyne, U.K., 4-8 July 2011.
- Issues in Designing Novel Applications for Emerging Multimedia Technologies. Lee H. HCI in Work and Learning, Life and Leisure (USAB 2010), Klagenfurt, Austria, 4-5 November 2010.