Cyrille was born in France. He studied mathematics and statistical engineering in University of Rennes 1, France. After he finished his Master degree, he started to work at Inria Rennes as a statistician and, gradually, obtained his PhD degree in computer science in November 2014. His thesis was about Rare Event Simulation for Statistical Model Checking. After his PhD, he joined the National University of Singapore (NUS) as a postdoctoral research fellow. After a year and half, he joined SUTD (ISTD pillar) as a postdoc for two years and half. During this period, he had the chance to be also a teaching assistant for three terms at SUTD (for ESD pillar). These latter experiences convinced him to become a lecturer at SUTD in July 2019.
Research and Personal Interests
During his PhD and postdoctoral studies, he was involved with several research projects using statistics, simulation and machine learning to analyze systems and provide probabilistic guarantees. His research interests lies in statistical simulation, machine learning and artificial intelligence, analysis of systems, game theory.
Besides his passion in teaching and research, he loves to travel a lot, plays chess, enjoys art, reading, cooking and learning more or less useful things.
- PhD, Computer Science, Inria Rennes, University of Rennes 1, 2014
- Master, Statistical Engineering, University of Rennes 1, 2008
- Maîtrise, Mathematics, University of Rennes 1, 2006
- Cyrille Jégourel, Jingyi Wang, Jun Sun: Importance Sampling of Interval Markov Chains. DSN 2018 Cyrille Jégourel, Jun Sun, Jin Song Dong: Sequential Schemes for Frequentist Estimation of Properties in Statistical Model Checking. QEST 2017 (Journal version accepted in January 2019 in TOMACS)
- Cyrille Jégourel, Axel Legay, Sean Sedwards: Command-based importance sampling for statistical model checking. Theor. Comput. Sci. 649: 1-24 (2016)
- Cyrille Jégourel, Axel Legay, Sean Sedwards, Louis-Marie Traonouez: Distributed Verification of Rare Properties using Importance Splitting Observers. ECEASST 72 (2015)
- Uli Fahrenberg, Fabrizio Biondi, Kevin Corre, Cyrille Jégourel, Simon Kongshøj, Axel Legay: Measuring Global Similarity Between Texts. SLSP 2014
- Cyrille Jégourel, Axel Legay, Sean Sedwards: Importance Splitting for Statistical Model Checking Rare Properties. CAV 2013
- Cyrille Jégourel, Axel Legay, Sean Sedwards: A Platform for High Performance Statistical Model Checking – PLASMA. TACAS 2012