I am a Lecturer/Researcher in the ISTD Pillar of SUTD. Prior to this position, I was a researcher at iTrust, SUTD (2016-17) and the Chair of Software Engineering, ETH Zürich (2013-16), where I shared responsibility for graduate student supervision and a number of taught Master’s courses. I hold a PhD in Computer Science from the University of York, and am an Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (UK).
The overarching goal of my research is the advancement of theories, tools, and methodologies for ensuring system and software correctness. My work has focused on a number of directions, including: (1) proof systems for graph-based modelling languages; (2) lightweight formal methods applied to language design; (3) modelling/analysing concurrent runtime semantics; and (4) runtime verification of cyber-physical systems.
For a more detailed overview, please see: http://chrisposkitt.com
Education and Work Experience
- 2018 – present: Lecturer / Researcher, ISTD Pillar, Singapore University of Technology and Design
- 2016 – 2017: Research Fellow, iTrust, Singapore University of Technology and Design
- 2013 – 2016: Postdoctoral Researcher, Chair of Software Engineering, ETH Zürich
- 2009 – 2013: PhD Student, Department of Computer Science, University of York
For a full list of teaching activities, please click here.
- 2019, Freshmore Term 3: 10.009 – The Digital World
- 2018, Freshmore Term 3: 10.009 – The Digital World
- Associate Fellowship, Higher Education Academy (UK)
- Vice-Chancellor’s Teaching Award, The University of York
- KM Stott Memorial Prize, The University of York
For a full list of publications, please click here.
- Learning from Mutants: Using Code Mutation to Learn and Monitor Invariants of a Cyber-Physical System
Y. Chen, C.M. Poskitt, and J. Sun
In Proc. IEEE Symposium on Security & Privacy (S&P 2018), pages 648-660. IEEE, 2018
- A Semantics Comparison Workbench for a Concurrent, Asynchronous, Distributed Programming Language
C. Corrodi, A. Heußner, and C.M. Poskitt
Formal Aspects of Computing 30(1):163-192, 2018
- SafeGPU: Contract- and Library-Based GPGPU for Object-Oriented Languages
A. Kolesnichenko, C.M. Poskitt, and S. Nanz
Computer Languages, Systems & Structures 48:68-88, 2017
- An Interference-Free Programming Model for Network Objects
M. Schill, C.M. Poskitt, and B. Meyer
In Proc. International Conference on Coordination Models and Languages (COORDINATION 2016), volume 9686 of LNCS, pages 227-244. Springer, 2016
- Verifying Monadic Second-Order Properties of Graph Programs
C.M. Poskitt and D. Plump
In Proc. International Conference on Graph Transformation (ICGT 2014), volume 8571 of LNCS, pages 33-48. Springer, 2014
- Hoare-Style Verification of Graph Programs
C.M. Poskitt and D. Plump
Fundamenta Informaticae 118(1-2):135-175, 2012