From machine learning to large language models, advances in technologies like Advanced Analytics and Generative AI has upended the world, starting with being able to make sense and predict how things will run, to understanding the written word and conversations, to helping write better IT code. But how do you get people to accept and pay for the solutions based on these ideas?
James will cover the following areas:
- Why is convincing people of a better mousetrap hard?
- Advanced Analytics and Generative AI
- How do you pick the right areas to deploy these solutions for maximum value
- What are measurements for success?
- What can go wrong?
- Approach to Selling Innovative Technologies
- Addressing two things every organization doesn’t have enough of
- Why POCs can only help so much
- Different approaches to projects you need to know
James Chong leads Tesseract, the latest addition to NCS’ innovation capability in Singapore. The Tesseract is a 4,500sqft facility opened in April 2023 that has conducted more than 70 workshops for existing and new clients to identify 400+ opportunities in Generative AI, Metaverse, Digital Trust and Sustainability.
Prior to joining NCS, James helped Accenture design, build and run two innovation centres, one of which was supported by EDB. He specialized in Digital technologies such as analytics, mobile solutions and interactive technologies in the areas of natural resources such as oil and gas, paper and pulp, metals and mining, and utilities. Prior to that, James was a systems integrator practitioner focusing on large-scale SI projects in the public sector industry including healthcare and public safety.
He is an Electrical and Electronic Engineer by training and designed silicon chips after graduating from the University of Surrey, UK. James holds 3 patents related to workplace safety and remote communications.
Registration is open for the SUTD community and 42 Singapore students: https://forms.office.com/r/Nidi4qeini