Matthieu De Mari obtained his Engineering Master’s Degree from Centrale Marseille (France), in 2011. The same year, he also obtained a Research Master of Science with the Aix-Marseille University, specializing in “Applied Optics, Photonics, Signal and Image Theory”.
From 2009 to 2011, he worked on several cognitive radio projects and internships with industries (Safran Group and NEC Technologies), as well as laboratories such as the Large Networks and Systems Group (LANEAS).
In November 2011, he joins the Large Networks and Systems Group (LANEAS) in CentraleSupelec and CEA-Leti, and starts working on his PhD, under the supervision of Prof. Mérouane Debbah and Prof. Emilio Calvanese Strinati, on the topic “Radio Resource Management for Green Wireless Networks”. He obtains the PhD degree in Mathematics and Computer Science, in July 2015. He then went on a sabbatical, exploring and volunteering in North and South America for seven months.
From June 2016 to January 2020, he has been working as a post-doc research fellow, with the Wireless Networks and Decision Systems (WDNS) group at the Singapore University of Technology and Design, under the supervision of Prof. Tony Quek. In March 2020, he joins the Singapore University of Technology and Design, as a lecturer in the Information Systems Technology and Design (ISTD) pillar.
Research and Personal Interests
During his PhD and postdoctoral studies, he was involved with several research projects using various tools from statistics, simulation, optimization and machine learning theories, to analyze the performance of the future generation of wireless networks. More specifically, his research and teaching interests revolve around game theory, mean field game theory, deep learning and reinforcement learning.
Besides his passion in teaching and research, he enjoys travelling, reading, and learning new computer science and mathematics theories.
Since 2018, he has also been volunteering with the International French School of Singapore, with the Math.En.Jeans community, tutoring 15-18yo students on projects introducing mathematical concepts in a fun and interactive way.
- PhD, Mathematics and Computer Science, from LANEAS (CentraleSupelec) and CEA-Leti, 2015
- Research Master’s Degree, Applied Optics, Photonics, Signal and Image Theory, Aix-Marseille University, 2011
- Engineering Master’s Degree, Centrale Marseille, 2011
- Zheng, R., Wang, H., De Mari, M.,Cui, M. Chu, X. & Quek, T., Dynamic Computation Offloading in Ultra-Dense Networks based on Mean Field Games. Submitted to IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications (2020)
- Zheng, R., Wang, H., & De Mari, M. (2019). Optimal Computation Offloading with a Shared MEC Center: A Mean Field Game Approach. In 2019 IEEE Globecom Workshops (pp. 1-6). IEEE.
- De Mari, M., Calvanese Strinati, E., Debbah, M., & Quek, T. (2017). Joint stochastic geometry and mean field game optimization for energy-efficient proactive scheduling in ultra dense networks. IEEE Transactions on Cognitive Communications and Networking, 3(4), 766-781.
- De Mari, M., & Quek, T. (2017). Energy-efficient proactive scheduling in ultra dense networks. In 2017 IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC) (pp. 1-6). IEEE.
- De Mari, M., Calvanese Strinati, E., & Debbah, M. (2014). Energy-efficiency and future knowledge tradeoff in small cells prediction-based strategies. In 2014 12th International Symposium on Modeling and Optimization in Mobile, Ad Hoc, and Wireless Networks (WiOpt) (pp. 43-49). IEEE.
- De Mari, M., Calvanese Strinati, E., & Debbah, M. (2014). Two-regimes interference classifier: An interference-aware resource allocation algorithm. In 2014 IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC) (pp. 792-797). IEEE.
- De Mari, M., Couillet, R., Calvanese Strinati, E., & Debbah, M. (2012). Concurrent data transmissions in green wireless networks: When best send one’s packets?. In 2012 International Symposium on Wireless Communication Systems (ISWCS) (pp. 596-600). IEEE.
- Personal Website (for more details and papers): http://matthieu-de-mari.fr
- Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=LpdIrscAAAAJ&hl=fr&oi=sra