In 2014, Dileepa completed his Bachelor of Science in Engineering (BSc.Eng) with a specialisation in Computer Science and Engineering at the University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka. Later, in 2020, he obtained a Ph.D. in Computer Science from the National University of Singapore, with a focus on utilising model checking to ensure the game theory security of probabilistic protocols.
Following the completion of his Ph.D., Dileepa transitioned into an academic role as a lecturer at the Sri Lanka Technological Campus. In this capacity, he delivered various courses related to cybersecurity and data science. His academic experience was complemented by research involvement in cybersecurity and data science through a secure machine learning research project while serving as a research fellow at HP-NTU Corporate Lab. During this period, he also supervised student research projects across diverse areas.
Driven by his passion for teaching and mentoring students, Dileepa took on a new role as a lecturer at SUTD (ISTD pillar), in 2023.
Research and Personal Interests
His research career foundations are built on formal verification of game theory during his doctoral research. Therefore, theoretical computer science and game theory are among his key areas of interest. Subsequently, he expanded his research focus to cybersecurity, NLP, and Computer Vision applications. In addition to his research endeavours, his enthusiasm for teaching and technology has led to an interest in metacognitive feedback systems.
Outside his professional life he finds joy in singing, playing the guitar during his leisure. He is a regular long distance runner and achieved the accomplishment of finishing a half marathon during 2023.
- 2020: Ph.D., Computer Science, National University of Singapore
- 2014: BSc.Eng(Hon), Department of Computer Science and Engineering, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka
- Research Fellow, HP-NTU Corporate Lab, Singapore, 2020-2023
- Lecturer, Sri Lanka Technological Campus, Sri Lanka, 2020
- Fernando, D., Anderage, I., Lokuarachchi, B., Athuluwage, M., and Wijewickrama, P., 2023, “Early Childhood Action Monitoring and Analytics System (ECAMS)” in Proceedings of the 28th IEEE Pacific Rim International Symposium on Dependable Computing (PRDC). IEEE, 2023
- Amarawardhana, K., Enshaei, H., Jayasinghe, S., Fleming, A., Fernando, D., Herath, M., 2022, “Impact of Wave Energy Integration on Sizing and Energy Management of a Microgrid: Case study”, 2022 IEEE 7th Southern Power Electronics Conference (SPEC), IEEE, 2022.
- Mahadewa, K., Zhang, Y., Bai, G., Bu, L., Zuo, Z., Fernando, D., Liang, Z. and Dong, J.S., 2021, July, “Identifying privacy weaknesses from multi-party trigger-action integration platforms” in Proceedings of the 30th ACM SIGSOFT International Symposium on Software Testing and Analysis(pp. 2-15).
- Fernando D., “Verification of Strong Nash-equilibrium for Probabilistic BAR Systems” in Proceedings of the 20th International Conference on Formal Engineering Methods (ICFEM), Gold Coast, 2018
- Fernando D., “Model Checking Nash-Equilibrium – Automatic Verification of Robustness in Distributed Systems” in Proceedings of the 20th International Conference on Formal Engineering Methods (ICFEM), Gold Coast, 2018
- Fernando D., Dong N., Jegourel C., Dong J., “Verification of Nash-Equilibrium for Probabilistic BAR Systems” in Proceedings of the 21st International Conference on Engineering of Complex Computer Systems (ICECCS), Dubai, 2016
- Fernando D., Jayawardena S., Wickramanayake S.,De Silva C., Darshana S., “Efficient Perclos and Gaze measurement methodologies to estimate driver attention in real time” in 5th Intenational Conference on Intelligent Systems Modeling and Simulation 2014, Langkawi, 2014