The IoT and Intelligent Systems track is introduced for students who wish to develop skills in building large-scale networked and distributed systems. The subjects in this track will prepare the students to gain the fundamental knowledge in making such systems effective, scalable and intelligent. The aim of this track is to train the students for careers in public and private sectors focused towards distributed data centers, automotive solutions, web services and E-commerce solutions among others.
Track Core Courses
- 50.046 Cloud Computing and IoT (Term 7) OR 50.012 Networks (Term 6): Choose one
- 50.041 Distributed Systems and Computing (Term 7)
- 50.021 Artificial Intelligence (Term 8) OR 50.xxx Mobile Robotics (Term 8)
Track electives from ISTD
- Any ISTD electives listed here.
Core courses and TAEs (except 01.110 Computational Fabrication, 01.116 AI for Healthcare, 01.117 Brain-Inspired Computing and its Applications) are not recognised as track electives. If unsure, please check with the pillar.
Track Electives from Other Pillars
- 30.002 Circuits & Electronics (EPD, Term 6)
- 30.115 Digital Signal Processing (EPD, Term 7)
- 30.202 Design of Intelligent Digital Integrated Circuits and Systems (EPD, Term 8)
(A student who intends to sign up for courses offered by other pillars is required to inform the ISTD Pillar his/her plan one term ahead.)