The Financial Technology (Fintech) track is designed for students who are interested to understand the core challenges in finance and advanced computing technologies to drive the next generation of financial services. Fintech combines the technology from big data and analytics, mobile computing, and modern financial services. In this track, we will cover subjects that will prepare students for careers in financial industry.
- For Intake Y2019: 50.001, 50.002, 50.003, 50.004, 50.005. 50.034 are mandatory.
- For Intake Y2020 and subsequent batches: 50.001, 50.002, 50.003, 50.004, 50.005 are mandatory.
- Track core subjects and 4 track electives (not any electives) are mandatory.
Track Core Courses
- 50.007 Machine Learning or 40.319 Statistical and Machine Learning (ESD)
- 50.043 Database Systems
- 40.324 Fundamentals of Investing (ESD)
- Any ISTD electives listed here.
- 01.116 AI for Healthcare (TAE)
- 01.117 Brain-Inspired Computing and its Applications (TAE)
- 40.242 Derivative Pricing and Risk Management (ESD)
- 40.316 Game Theory (ESD)
- 60.004 Service Design Studio (DAI)
Recommended track electives:
- 50.038 Computational Data Science
- 50.006 User Interface Design & Implementation
- 50.037 Blockchain Technology
- 50.040 Natural Language Processing
Core courses are not recognised as track electives. If unsure, please check with the pillar.
A student who intends to sign up for courses offered by other pillars is required to inform the ISTD Pillar his/her plan one term ahead.