The Financial Technology (Fintech) track is designed for students who are interested to understand the core challenges in finance and advanced computing technologies to drive the next generation of financial services. Fintech combines the technology from big data and analytics, mobile computing, and modern financial services. In this track, we will cover subjects that will prepare students for careers in financial industry.
Track Core Courses
- 50.007 Machine Learning (Term 6) or 40.319 Statistical and Machine Learning (ESD, Term 7)
- 50.043 Database Systems (Term 6)
- 40.324 Fundamentals of Investing (ESD, Term 6)
Track Electives from ISTD
- Any ISTD electives listed here.
- 50.038 Computational Data Science (Term 6)
- 50.006 User Interface Design & Implementation (Term 7)
- 50.037 Blockchain Technology (Term 8)
- 50.040 Natural Language Processing (Term 8)
Core courses and TAEs (except 01.116 AI for Healthcare, 01.117 Brain-Inspired Computing and its Applications) are not recognised as track electives. If unsure, please check with the pillar.
Track electives from Other Pillars
- 40.242 Derivative Pricing and Risk Management (ESD, Term 7)
- 40.317 Financial Systems Design (ESD, Term 8)
(A student who intends to sign up for courses offered by other pillars is required to inform the ISTD Pillar his/her plan one term ahead.)