The Artificial Intelligence track focuses on the fundamental mechanisms that enable the construction of intelligent systems that can operate autonomously, learn from experience, plan their actions, and solve complex problems. Artificial intelligence is the science of giving computers human-like intelligence. In this track, we will particularly cover subjects on the contribution of computing to artificial intelligence and, as a result, it aims to give students all the computing skills needed for careers in a wide range of industries that are adopting artificial intelligence.
- For Intake Y2019: 50.001, 50.002, 50.003, 50.004, 50.005. 50.034 are mandatory.
- For Intake Y2020 and subsequent batches: 50.001, 50.002, 50.003, 50.004, 50.005 are mandatory.
- Track core subjects and 4 track electives (not any electives) are mandatory.
Track Core Courses
- 50.007 Machine Learning or 40.319 Statistical and Machine Learning (ESD)
- 50.039 Theory and Practice of Deep Learning
- 50.021 Artificial Intelligence
- Any ISTD electives listed here.
- 01.116 AI for Healthcare (TAE)
- 01.117 Brain-Inspired Computing and its Applications (TAE)
- 30.119 Intelligent Robotics (EPD)
- 40.316 Game Theory (ESD)
- 60.004 Service Design Studio (DAI)
- 60.007 Interaction Design for Cyber-Physical Artifacts (DAI)
Recommended track electives:
- 50.038 Computational Data Science
- 50.035 Computer Vision
- 50.006 User Interface Design & Implementation
- 50.040 Natural Language Processing
Core courses are not recognised as track electives. If unsure, please check with the pillar.
A student who intends to sign up for courses offered by other pillars is required to inform the ISTD Pillar his/her plan one term ahead.