- The ISTD PhD programme enables students with a Bachelor or Master’s degree in computing or related disciplines to start their career in academic research.
- The programme’s duration is 4 years, with 2 yearly intakes in September and January.
- SUTD offers a range of attractive scholarships that cover tuition fees and monthly allowance.
- SUTD offers subsidized housing on our East Coast campus.
The Singapore University of Technology and Design seeks to advance knowledge and nurture technically grounded leaders and innovators to serve societal needs. This is accomplished, with a focus on Design, through an integrated multi-disciplinary curriculum and multi-disciplinary research. SUTD was founded in 2009, and is on its way to become one of Asias leading universities. MIT contributed to SUTD’s research capability by developing relevant research programmes through their top-class faculty. SUTD students benefitted from a curriculum developed by MIT and SUTD. In January 2015, SUTD moved into its brand new campus at Singapore’s east coast.
About ISTD Pillar – Information Systems Technology and Design
At SUTD, we organize our research and education in multi-disciplinary pillars. The ISTD pillar focuses on Information Technology and its relationship with the world around. It integrates the traditional disciplines of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Information Systems. The aim of such integration is to offer students the flexibility to acquire knowledge and skills in areas of their choice and the ability to interact with other engineering disciplines in creative ways.
Living in Singapore
Singapore is a modern, vibrant and multi-cultural city state at an ideal location in the heart of south-east Asia. In the recent years, Singapore has established itself as research and economical hub of the whole Asian region. Living standards and salaries are high, and Singapore combines modern architecture with urban gardens and landscape development. SUTD offers subsidised housing on campus for students and faculty. For the new east coast campus housing, single rooms in a shared apartment will be available for $750/month, and a single room apartment for $1200/month. More info here.
Organizations our PhD graduates are Employed after Graduation
- Advanced Digital Sciences Center (ADSC), based in Singapore
- Ahamove, based in Ho Chi Minh City
- AIST, based in Tokyo
- Alibaba Cainiao AI Lab, based in Hangzhou
- Bank of America, based in Singapore
- Blue Mangoo, based in Ho Chi Minh City
- ByteDance, based in Singapore
- Carleton University, based in Ontario
- CISPA, based in Saarbruecken
- Continental Automotive Singapore
- eBay, based in Shanghai
- EPFL, based in Lausanne
- Harvard University, based in Massachusetts
- Huawei, based in Shenzhen
- IBM, based in Singapore
- Laval University, based in Quebec
- Lyft Level 5, based in California
- MAPEGY, based in Berlin
- Microsoft, based in Suzhou
- Motional, based in Singapore
- National Electronics and Computer Technology Center, based in Thailand
- National University of Singapore
- Nvidia AI Technology Center, based in Singapore
- Relativity, based in Vancouver
- Shopee, based in Singapore
- Simon Fraser University, based in Vancouver
- Singapore Management University
- Singapore University of Technology and Design
- ST Engineering
- teamLab, based in Tokyo
- Talo Systems, based in Singapore
- Tencent, based in Beijing
- TUV-SUD, based in Singapore
- University of Cambridge
- University of Electronic Science and Technology of China, based in Chengdu
- Westlake University, based in Hangzhou