The MSSD programme is open to graduates with a degree in engineering, physics, chemistry or mathematics. A sound mathematical background and computer programming skills are required of entering students. The programme is open to all students including foreigners.
An applicant should possess:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or any branch of engineering; or
- A bachelor’s degree in a related discipline with two years ICT industry experience.
The graduate committee shall decide on the application based on the student’s background. And the approval will be on a case by case basis.
A non-refundable fee of $21.40 (inclusive of GST) will be levied for each application. Accepted student is required to pay Compulsory Miscellaneous Fee which includes insurance, academic related and sports facilities.
Please send your proof of payment together with your application submittals. Please note that an application without the application fee payment will not be processed.
All applications must be submitted online for the MSSD programme.
To submit an application, the following documents are required:
- Original Undergraduate and/or Master’s degree transcript and certificate softcopies
Please provide your latest official transcripts and official letter of certification from your institution stating the expected date of graduation or award of degree if you have not graduated from your degree programme. For non-English documents, an official English translation must be provided.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score report
If the medium of instruction during your undergraduate studies was not in English, please submit your IELTS or TOEFL scores by the application deadline.
- Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) score report
GRE is not required but is recommended. The scores will be considered if it is provided with the application.
- Names, titles & e-mail addresses of your 3 Recommenders
Recommenders should be academic faculty, industry supervisors or senior colleagues who can gauge your scholastic capabilities, academic or professional achievements and your ability to complete the programme. Do notify your recommenders beforehand as they must submit their respective online recommendations within 1 week after you submit your application.
- Soft copy of your Identity Card or relevant pages in your Passport
- Statement of Interest (1,000 words) soft copy
- A copy of your curriculum vitae
Please submit your online application early to facilitate processing. Short-listed applicants may be interviewed face-to-face, via Skype or over the telephone.
|INTAKE||ONLINE APPLICATION (OPEN DATE)||CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS|
|2020 intake *||12 November 2019||31 March 2020|
* Successful applicants will be notified via email.