Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) seeks to fill a post-doctoral position in the area of network control systems and cyber security in the Project SUTD-ASPIRE (ASPIRE – Advancing Security of Public Infrastructure using Resilience and Economics). Selected candidates will have a unique opportunity to work with an international team of researchers located in Singapore, MIT, the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, and the Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU). The primary focus of SUTD-ASPIRE is to develop experimentally validated techniques for the design of futuristic Cyber Physical Systems that are critical to the well-being of a society.
iTrust is the proud host of several world-class testbeds and lablets. These testbeds (water treatment, water distribution, and power) and lablets together constitute a one-of-a kind facility for research and training in the design of safe and secure large-scale cyber physical systems. The testbeds aid in the design and testing of devices that fall under the Internet of Things. The lablets support training programs in the area of Cyber Physical Systems. Collaboration with several private and Government agencies in Singapore increases the chances of technology transfer and hence the research impact.
Qualifications for the position are as follows:
Research Task “Controls”
Supervisor: Prof. Roland Bouffanais, SUTD
Co-Supervisor: Prof. Mohammadreza Chamanbaz, Arak University of Technology, Iran
|Post-Doctoral||PhD holder with a background in control and systems theory. This position will investigate topics in the control of networks and attack detection on cyber physical systems. Prior work with cyber physical systems, security, and/or networks is a plus.|
Duration: 1 year (with possibility of extension)
- Successful candidates should have received a Ph.D. degree in Engineering Control or Control Science.
- Research expertise in network control systems will be considered a plus.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment, and to take ownership of, and autonomously carry forward, major aspects of a research project.
- Ability of approaching research problems with a system view, of working in a multidisciplinary team environment, problem solving skills and high creativity.
- Candidates must present strong publication record, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Please state “SUTD-ASPIRE Recruitment – Controls” in the email subject. Positions will be available until filled; only short-listed candidates will be notified.